Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
Red spots on legs
sharapov posted:
Hello!So I'm 16 years old and I have those red dots at the back of my legs , they are not itchy or irritating at all , and they didn't come from shaving for sure .I've heard that they might be "Hair Follicles" I don't know what's the right way to get rid of them (I prefer naturally) and even if I had to take meds I'll go for it but there is just one thing (I'l not living now in USA I might not find the same meds your gonna give me ) I'm looking for a positive quick reply and thank you !

atti_editor responded:
Hi sharapov,

Have you had the spots looked at by your doctor or dermatologist? A medical professional is the best person to give a diagnosis after an in-person evaluation. He/She will hopefully be able to determine what is causing the spots and provide you with the proper treatment options.

It is is possible that the red spots are due to folliculitis (an infection of the hair follicles). Here is some information on the symptoms, causes and treatments of folliculitis that you might want to compare to those you are experiencing.

Best wishes,
Atti

sharapov replied to atti_editor's response:
Hi
Thanks for answering me and I just wanna add something .These sports turn on brown when I'm warming myself.And I've heard of some cream called "Laser" it's used to get rid of red spots and many people tried it and it worked .Unfortunately I can't find this cream where I live now and I guess it's only available in Egypt.Can you please describe some creams I can try ? Thank you.

atti_editor replied to sharapov's response:
Hi sharapov,

I don't know of any creams that will eliminate your symptoms, but if what you are experiencing is folliculitis, this link will provide some treatment and prevention options.

Best wishes,
Atti

katellawellnesscenter responded:
If that black spot doesn't not itchy or irritating then you don't need to worry a lot. But also you shouldn't ignore this problem. It is better for you to consult nearest doctor in locality to get the treatment at the right time.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Don't shave your legs before a pedicure!Expert
Shaving the legs before going for a pedicure has been linked to an increase risk of infection from pedicure footbaths. This is because the ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.