Skip to content

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
Treatments for wrinkles on chest and arms
gin598 posted:
I was a serious sun bather and smoker and have paid the price. I have deep wrinkles on my chest and the skin on my inner arms is very saggy. I have used trentionoin(vitamin A), Vitamin c cream at 10 and 20% , home peels and exfoliators. Not great results. What is the best way to treat these areas?

atti_editor responded:
Hi gin598,

The Outsmart Aging section of our Healthy Beauty Center has some great slideshows, articles and tips on how to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and help to rejuvenate your skin that you may want to look through.

Retinoids, alpha-hydroxy acis, and azelaic acid have been shown to treat signs of aging and make skin look younger according to this piece . Here is some more information on retinoids , which are recommended by a number of dermatologists. This article discusses what ingredients may help reduce wrinkles, and this piece on anti-aging may also be of interest to you.

Have you consulted a dermatologist about your deep wrinkles? He/She may be able to suggest products and/or treatments that will work best for you.

Best wishes,
Atti

albertsmith responded:
I have not come across your situation before. I would think, though, that appropriate exercise should minimize the wrinkles.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.