Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    I have an odd mark on my skin for a week that's not going away
    sdfjdsf posted:
    I've had this odd mark on my skin for about a week now, and sadly it's not going away. I don't know what cause this and this is the first time I've ever had something like this. Thankfully it doesn't hurt or itch. It just looks odd and it's not going away.

    I am a 34 year old male.
    atti_editor responded:
    If you find any new moles or spots on your skin you should examine them closely and/or have them looked at by your doctor or dermatologist. Here is some information on what to look for, namely Asymmetry, Border, Color, Diameter, and Evolving. Please let us know how you are doing
    guzman00 responded:
    It doesn't look like a problematic mark. But then it will be better if you visit a dermatologist to confirm the exact nature of that. If it is just a mark then you can let it be or if you want that mark to do you can opt for some laser treatment.

    Featuring Experts

    Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

    Helpful Tips

    Don't shave your legs before a pedicure!Expert
    Shaving the legs before going for a pedicure has been linked to an increase risk of infection from pedicure footbaths. This is because the ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 13 found this helpful

    Expert Blog

    Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

    Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.