Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Rosy cheeks, arms etc.
    An_207913 posted:
    Hey everyone,

    I have been dealing with rosy cheeks my whole life. At first i was diagnosed with mild eczema...I started topical treatments which didn't seem to be having an effect on the redness. I also noticed that the backs of my arms are rosy. My cheeks, nor back of my arms never itch, never get pimples, etc. I looked up rosacea too and it doesn't look like what I have.

    My cheeks have a big red blotch on both of them. I hate this because it makes me self-conscious. I feel like i cannot do ANYTHING unless i put make up on to hide the red.

    I just want something that will help reduce redness...and a correct diagnosis of what it is exactly on my face and arms.

    i appreciate it.
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 2 found this helpful
    Mary Ruth Buchness, MD responded:
    Hi, Anon. There is a form of rosacea in which you don't get the pimples, but you get dilation or enlargement of the blood vessels of the face. People with this type of rosacea tend to blush or flush easily, especially with temperature changes, sun exposure, exercise, drinking red wine, or eating spicy foods. If there are overlying skin changes, like dryness, there are various skin conditions that it could be. I'm afraid that you're going to have to show your skin to a dermatologist. Not only will you find out the source of the problem, but she may be able to treat it as well. Good luck.
    Kevinyoop replied to Mary Ruth Buchness, MD's response:
    why "she"

    Featuring Experts

    Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Expert Blog

    Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

    Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.