Skip to content
Strange Blisters on my Foot
beth4fam posted:
For several years now, I've had strange blisters form on my right foot about this time of year (spring/summer). The blisters form between my toes and on the back of my toes (not the pad). Sometimes I also get blisters on the pad of my foot as well. They are extremely itchy and take a long time to heal up. After a couple of months they go away. The blisters are not caused by shoes or sandals rubbing. I don't think it's the heat, either, since they form regardless of whether I wear sandals or athletic shoes (I'm indoors most of the time anyway). I thought I might be allergic to leather, since I do tend to wear leather sandals, but that wouldn't explain why it's only on my right foot. I'm not overweight, so I don't think it is caused by pressure. Also, the blisters form between my toes, so I wouldn't think they would be caused by pressure. Hydrocortizone and Neosporin don't seem to do any good. Band aides and toe cushions provide a little relief, but don't seem to stop more blisters from forming. Any ideas on what is causing these blisters and how to treat them?

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

WHAT DO U DO WHEN THE CHILDRENS SERVERE ECEMA
I HAVE TWO GRANDCHILDRENS WITH EXTREME ECZEMA. THE GIRL CRY &SCRATCH ,THE BOY IS A 8 MOS AND HE SCRATCH TILL HE BLEED I PUT THE CREAM ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful