Skip to content
Strange Blisters on my Foot
beth4fam posted:
For several years now, I've had strange blisters form on my right foot about this time of year (spring/summer). The blisters form between my toes and on the back of my toes (not the pad). Sometimes I also get blisters on the pad of my foot as well. They are extremely itchy and take a long time to heal up. After a couple of months they go away. The blisters are not caused by shoes or sandals rubbing. I don't think it's the heat, either, since they form regardless of whether I wear sandals or athletic shoes (I'm indoors most of the time anyway). I thought I might be allergic to leather, since I do tend to wear leather sandals, but that wouldn't explain why it's only on my right foot. I'm not overweight, so I don't think it is caused by pressure. Also, the blisters form between my toes, so I wouldn't think they would be caused by pressure. Hydrocortizone and Neosporin don't seem to do any good. Band aides and toe cushions provide a little relief, but don't seem to stop more blisters from forming. Any ideas on what is causing these blisters and how to treat them?

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Avoid drinking margaritas in the sun!Expert
One of the most common things that we see in the office in the summer and after winter vacations are burns from people having lime juice ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.