Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
hair loss
wendylionheart posted:
am 30 years old and i noticed that i am losing my hair. it comes out after i take a shower and it is alot the comes out. i was wondering if that is normal. my hair has always been thin and now it is getting thinner. i notice it when i pull my hair up for work. is there anything that i can do about it?

Susan Evans, MD responded:
Dear wendylionheart,

Women lose their hair for any number of reasons. When was the last time you have a complete physical? It would be appropriate to schedule one and bring up the issue of your hair loss with your primary care provider.

Once a complete medical history has been completed, your doctor will have a better idea about the reason behind your hair loss and what treatment course should be recommended.

Best,

Dr. Evans

Shaniatwain427 responded:
The hairs that are afford circadian are generally in the comatose or backward appearance in the hair cycle. Normally, about 10% of the attic hairs are in the comatose or telogen appearance at any time. These hairs are not growing and are accepting able for circadian shedding.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

WHAT DO U DO WHEN THE CHILDRENS SERVERE ECEMA
I HAVE TWO GRANDCHILDRENS WITH EXTREME ECZEMA. THE GIRL CRY &SCRATCH ,THE BOY IS A 8 MOS AND HE SCRATCH TILL HE BLEED I PUT THE CREAM ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful