Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
hair loss
wendylionheart posted:
am 30 years old and i noticed that i am losing my hair. it comes out after i take a shower and it is alot the comes out. i was wondering if that is normal. my hair has always been thin and now it is getting thinner. i notice it when i pull my hair up for work. is there anything that i can do about it?

Susan Evans, MD responded:
Dear wendylionheart,

Women lose their hair for any number of reasons. When was the last time you have a complete physical? It would be appropriate to schedule one and bring up the issue of your hair loss with your primary care provider.

Once a complete medical history has been completed, your doctor will have a better idea about the reason behind your hair loss and what treatment course should be recommended.

Best,

Dr. Evans

Shaniatwain427 responded:
The hairs that are afford circadian are generally in the comatose or backward appearance in the hair cycle. Normally, about 10% of the attic hairs are in the comatose or telogen appearance at any time. These hairs are not growing and are accepting able for circadian shedding.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

WHAT DO U DO WHEN THE CHILDRENS SERVERE ECEMA
I HAVE TWO GRANDCHILDRENS WITH EXTREME ECZEMA. THE GIRL CRY &SCRATCH ,THE BOY IS A 8 MOS AND HE SCRATCH TILL HE BLEED I PUT THE CREAM ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.