Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Blood-filled mole
petersc posted:
Right where my chest and Left arm meet in front, there is a blood-filled mole. Normally, i can't even tell I have a mole there! But this is the second time in the last few months this has happened. The area is about 0.1 cm round raised and blood filled, surrounded by a slightly larger reddened area. Area is sore.
I don't know why it happened the first time. It disappeared after about 48 hours and I couldn't even see a mole/freckle there!
This time I think it may have occured from my sports bra rubbing the area. I've been running a lot lately and playing volleyball.
Any ideas? Is this something that I need to have a dermatologist check out?

Susan Evans, MD responded:
Dear petersc,

It is good that you are paying attention to unusual skin lesions that you observe. The next time this "mole" erupts, why don't you go in and have it checked. The fact that it keeps recurring means it should at least be looked at.

Best,

Dr. Evans

petersc replied to Susan Evans, MD's response:
Thank you!

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Avoid drinking margaritas in the sun!Expert
One of the most common things that we see in the office in the summer and after winter vacations are burns from people having lime juice ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.