Skip to content
sole of feet itch for years, no rash...
luvmy2babiesmuch posted:
o. so my left foot has a severe itch, right oin the arch, and has for like 5 years, in the exact same spot, no raised skin, no rash, no redness, no circles, no visible indications. I also have about a quarter size spot on my left shoulder blade, with the exact same itch... any also with NO visible signs... I have tried lotions, vaselines, Elidel, cortizone,alcohol, iodine, powders, anti fungals, athlets Foot creams, various oils, and lately I stopped taking my Vitamin B complex,, I have not tried these things lightly, i've tried them all at one time or another over the years, at laest 2 wks of use. The itch is like a Yest Infection, very severe, I just refuse to scratch it,, i'm one of those control freaks, that refuse to scratch even the worse itch. I did once use a pumice stone to try to scratch it, but feeling weak, i never did that again.. also have tried different sock, shoes, and thrown away many things... nothing helps.. it does come and go.. it'll sudenly start itching, then just stop,, then come again later... now, after all these years, the right foot is getting a small, dime sized itchy spot... what is this??? any ideals??

luvmy2babiesmuch responded:
any ideas??????????????????

4Watermonkeys replied to luvmy2babiesmuch's response:
I have a spot on my back that does this from time to time - no changes in the skin, just odd itching under the skin with a bit of a creepy-crawly sensation. I was told that's what pinched nerves can feel like. Have you had a chance to mention it to your doctor?

luvmy2babiesmuch replied to 4Watermonkeys's response:
NO, i haven't been to dermotologist yet, just hectic life right now, no time for myself, and while the itch is severe, it's not an emergency.. altho, since i stopped taking my Vitamin B complex, it has lessened,, i must be allergic to some mineral/vitamin in it.... any more ideas??? thanks for your post!

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi luvmy2babiesmuch,

Have you seen a dermatologist or podiatrist for help since you've had itchy feet for so long and nothing you've tried is working to stop the itching and scratching cycle?

You may want to use the Symptom Checker tool and use the WebMD search engine with itchy feet as the keywords before you see a doctor for help.

- Annie

Aapsley responded:
I have been having the exact problem on my right foot ...did you e ever find out what it was?

cokefloat responded:
I had the same exact itch. I went gluten free two weeks ago and wa-la--cured. In fact many other problems have been going away to include losing 8 lbs without even trying. Wish I'd figured this out 10 years ago.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.