Skip to content
HELP Chronic Dyshidrotic Eczema on Feet
DAlyssa84 posted:
Hi everyone. I am desperate for some advice or help.

I have been suffering from Dyshidrotic eczema chronically since I was 17(9 years). It started off as a large blister on my left foot and has become advanced or severe stage on both feet. The skin is rotting between my toes, I get between 15-20 blisters all over my feet regularly. The only relief I receive is when I physically drain the blisters or scratch my feet. They will range from the size of tapioca to the size of quarters. I have been to 5-6 different dermatologists over the years. They have not been able to help relieve the pain. I have had everything from steroids, to antiboitics, to creams, to injections in my foot. The doctors all try the same course of treatment with no solution. The last doctor I saw was this past spring. He put me on two creams(which I told him I had already tried)and after four days of use I literally had blisters all over my feet worse than before. I waited a week and then tried the creams again with the same results. I am sick of doctors and being a lab rat.

It is literally getting unbearable. I have difficulty walking some days and my feet bleed, crack, itch and are starting to look more hideous by the day. The only thing that has brought me any relief is taking a daily allergy pill. All that it has really done though is reduce the itching by about 25%. I avoid scented items including sops and wear cotton socks and medical crocs. I take a shower regularly. No over the counter medications or creams or lotions have helped.

Is there something I'm missing? Can someone help me? Any advice is welcome.

kc7kc responded:
I have the same diagnosis, but have a shorter duration. However, I now know that my Crocs are causing my problems. I used them all last summer and had terrible itching and lumps on the bottom of my foot. That cleared up after I quit wearing them this fall. I brought them out for a vacation and have already developed the same symptoms after less than a week. You wear socks with yours and i don't, but I think you should quit wearing the crocs for a year and see if this helps. Good Luck!

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Eczema - Part IExpert
Dear Readers, Of all the skin conditions I see, the most frustrating for both me and my patients has to be eczema. The most common form ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.