Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Diagnosed with Rosacea and developed pimple like cysts on my face...HELP!
SolemnHour posted:
I was diagnosed with Rosacea about six years ago, however the symptoms related to my question started only two to three years ago. About once or twice a year, (it seems) I will developed cyst like blackheads/ pimples in the affected areas of my face (cheeks and forehead) that never seem to actually go away. The cyst like pimples essentially come out of no where, exist for about several months or so and then deflate leaving a small flat bump on my face. Is there any way I can have them removed? I am so tired of having to explain them to younger co-workers who believe looks are everything. I currently have one on the side of my forehead, which looks like a blackhead, however I have had it for at least two months now. I tried popping it however, that just made it worse and every time I tried to pop it, it swelled to twice its normal size. Is there a reason for this to be reoccurring? Is there any thing I can do to prevent it from happening?

Susan Evans, MD responded:
Dear SolemnHour,

You don't mention if you have been treated for your rosacea. This skin condition does not go away on its own. In the beginning, the symptoms can be manageable, but as time goes by, you can have a manifestation of worsening symptoms. Without treatment, the condition continues to worsen.

It might be time to see your dermatologist and discuss the worsening symptoms that you are experiencing and what should be done specific to your case.

As you have questions about your lips, it sounds like it's time to make an appointment with your dermatologist. Good luck.

Best,

Dr. Evans

casperatos responded:
Dear Sir/madam,

For my Masters' thesis I am looking for (English) people who have Rosacea or who have a family member with Rosacea.

I have developed a survey about Rosacea and your input will provide me of important information that will reinforce the outcome of my thesis. The survey is anonymous. It will take around 7 minutes to complete.

Title: "Market research on Rosacea in the UK"

I would deeply appreciate your help in filling out this survey. Click on the link below to fill in the survey:

http://www.thesistools.com/web/?id=341894

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me. If you like I can send you the results of the survey afterwards
Thank you in advance for taking a moment of your time!

Wishing you all the best.
Kind regards,

Casper

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Eczema - Part IExpert
Dear Readers, Of all the skin conditions I see, the most frustrating for both me and my patients has to be eczema. The most common form ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.