Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
I Have A Feeling A Bump Appeared Inside My Nose
ViciouzBarbie posted:
i was talking to someone and his saliva went inside my nose like nostril and now it feels like maybe theres a bump inside or something, but one time I tried to feel it and I couldn't tell if there was a bump or not for sure..what should i do? i dont even know if that person have any diseases or not..and also, do u think i shouldnt feel it with my finger and leave it alone or what should I do? If not how can i feel if theres a bump or not? do u think I should be ok?

i did tried to wipe it off already but I didn't wash it out anything though.

Susan Evans, MD responded:
Dear ViciouzBarbie,

You're wise to be concerned about a possible infection from someone's saliva as many infections are passed this way, such as colds and other viral infections.

The presence of a bump may or may not be related. If you think there is a bump, you may wish to have it evaluated by your doctor or by an ENT to see if it is something that you need to take care of.

Best,

Dr. Evans

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.