Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
What are these small pin-head blisters on my hands?
alonebychoice posted:
I've had these blisters show up on my hands off and on for about 10+ years now. These blisters are itchy and become scaly forming a tiny dry patch. I lance the blisters and a clear and sometimes sticky liquid comes out. But it's always clear. They will form in clusters or alone on my fingers or palms. Never on my arms.
What is it and what treatment should I seek to rid myself of this?
Thank you. Please help.
Susan Evans, MD responded:
Dear alonebychoice,

What you describe could be one of several skin conditions, including psoriasis, or eczema.

It is a good idea to see your doctor and get a diagnosis so that you can get started on an appropriate treatment regimen. Each condition would require a different treatment, so an accurate diagnosis is the best place to start.


Dr. Evans
alonebychoice replied to Susan Evans, MD's response:
Thank you for responding. I decided to search the web for pictures resembling my condition. The closest I saw was something called "id reaction" , "cheiropompholyx" and "vesicular eczema". My condition is not affecting my palms like I had stated before, it's more along the side of my hands.
Down the side of my pinky and thumb towards the edges of my palms. It does not form the serious scabs or develope unsightly scars. It only forms a dry patch of skin that peels off (with a large cluster; less than 1/2 mm size). An individual blister forms into a tiny white dot of skin.
I still don't know what to use for it, I'm just trying out all kinds of otc creams to see which will work. Thank you again.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

New to Acne or is it even acne?
I'm 19 years old. I have never had acne a day in my life. ever. ever ever ever ever. In the past month or less, I have developed small ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.