Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Impetigo on genitals.
An_207400 posted:
I went to the ER 2 days ago and the doctor said the infection is Impetigo and prescribed oral and topical Clindamycin. I looked this up online and it seems possible yet the infection continues to get bigger. I had unprotected sex about a week ago, yet the ER doctor does not think this is related... I'm confused and obviously worried due to where this is located. Any suggestions on what I should ask next time I go to the doctor?
Susan Evans, MD responded:
Dear Anon 69324,

Ask the doctor exactly what you are asking here. Write down the timeline of the events as they occurred, the diagnosis you received from the ER, the medication you are taking and for how long. Remind your doctor that you had unprotected sex and when.

Generally speaking, a visit to your doctor is expected as part of your follow-up any time you've had to visit the emergency room. Share your concerns with your doctor.


Dr. Evans

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Cure for Hives--(had hives over ENTIRE BODY for over a year)
Do you have pink, raised areas anywhere on your body that itch (and I mean anywhere)? Do you eat a lot of low-fat or diet foods or use ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.