Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Blister like ?acne? on my face
hollybeard1969 posted:
I sometimes breakout with what I think are pimples at first, all over my face but they end up resembling blisters. You cant see the clear fluid in them like in a blister say from a new shoe, but they continue to grow until I pop them and thats when the clear fluid pours out. Even after I think the fluid is drained from the bump. A few moments later a crust like scab covers the bump and again they fill up with clear fluid. What in the world could these things be? They drive me insane when I have an outbreak.

An_207402 responded:
hollybeard1969 ..... I have the same problem... did you ever find out what it is and how to treat? Please advise.

oojey responded:
I've been suffering from blistering inflammation for 5 years (I'm 29 now). I used to get huge red bumps on my face, especially my cheeks, which would ooz yellowish liquid for 2 days. It has been only a few months since I've gotten it under control. I've tried all kinds of antibiotics, cremes, biopsies, 6 different dermatologists, none of which helped. Last year, I took accutane for 6 months with great results (from a blister every other day to once per month). However, after accutane, it all came back so I've been taking minocycline (which didn't help at all before accutane). My skin has been so much better; I'm gradually decreasing the minocycline intake from twice a day to once every 2-3 days. Hopefully, I won't need to take it at all eventually. I use "neutrogena naturals purifying pore scrub" for face wash, cetaphil for moisturizer, and lancome mineral powder for sunblock. I have extremely sensitive skin, and have tried so many different products. These are the only ones that doesn't make me break out with cystic acne. I have suffered and cried so much, and deterred having any social life going through this awful skin condition. Just keep trying until you figure out what works for your skin, eat healthy, and use mild products. It will get better.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to oojey's response:
Hi oojey -

Thanks for sharing this great information!

Take Care,
Elizabeth

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Bedbug ProblemsExpert
Dear Readers, Bedbugs are making a comeback in the U.S. They had all but disappeared through the 1970's and 1990's. Recently they have ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.