Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Rash on feet
RosieAllen3 posted:
I have had this rash that started on my right foot and moved to my left, it is making my right toe stiff and a little swollen. It has been there for 3-4 months now. It itches on both feet and drains all the time from the right toe. the rash on the top of the feet look different than the right big toe.
The rash looks kind of like the pictures of psoriasis I have seen on Webmd. (I haven't told the doctors about that yet).
I have been to 2 different doctors and a dermatologists have been on Antibiotics Steroids orally and cream. Antibiotics worked for a while and then it became worse, the steroids didn't seem to help.
currently I have stopped going to the doctor due to not having enough money. I am trying to figure out what is going on so I can bring some research to my doctor.
By the way I do have Eczema but it has never shown up on my feet and the doctors have ruled it, but could it be?

Thank you so much for your advice

Susan Evans, MD responded:
Dear RosieAllen3,

Psoriasis and eczema can often be mistaken for one another. I appreciate your frustration with your condition, but it is not possible to provide a second opinion to the doctors who are currently treating you. What I can tell you is that eczema can occur on any skin surface. Try to look at your doctors as your skin care team rather than as an adversary. They sincerely want you to get better. Make sure they know that the therapies have been ineffective and you need to go a new direction.

Best,

Dr. Evans

ElizabethDS replied to Susan Evans, MD's response:
Dr Evans,

I have the same problem as Rosie. It is causing some skin discoloration on my right foot. My rash drains and it can be painful. I have taken steriods as well.. Doesn't work. A friend of mine told me that Aveeno with Hydrocortizone helps with the itching and Mederma for the scarring and discoloration should help. I am not for sure.

Pam4life replied to ElizabethDS's response:
Hello ElizabethDS,
I was shocked to read that someone else might be going through the same condition has I am. I've been dealing with this foot rash for 3 years now, which started while I was pregnant in 2008. I went to see my primary doctor and the ER and they always did the same and put me on Antibiotics and steroids cream, which didn't take it away completely. I've been going to a Dermatology and had a biopsy done but still haven't cured the problem yet. What steps have you taken?

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

WHAT DO U DO WHEN THE CHILDRENS SERVERE ECEMA
I HAVE TWO GRANDCHILDRENS WITH EXTREME ECZEMA. THE GIRL CRY &SCRATCH ,THE BOY IS A 8 MOS AND HE SCRATCH TILL HE BLEED I PUT THE CREAM ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.