Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Sores on skin (look Like RingWorms)
An_207460 posted:
I get the sore that are araised as they advance, often they are itchy and begin as a small bump then spreads. I spoke with my doctor has she prescribe me with Clotrimazole and Betamethsone. The medication helps heal the sore, however they still develop. The sore will develop anywhere on my body, the most recent was on my lip. I need help in identifiying this and suggested medication to prevent from occuring. i've been getting these sores since 2004.

Thanks in advance and let me know if more information is needed.

jackle75 responded:
I visited a dermatologist today and she advised me that I have eczma

Susan Evans, MD responded:
Dear Anon 77532,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to provide a diagnosis over this forum, both because you are already under a doctor's care, and trying to provide a diagnosis or a second opinion over the internet simply is not done.

The medication you are on does suggest a possible fungal infection, such as ringworm.

Here is a link to some information on ringworm that you may find helpful.

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/tc/ringworm-of-the-skin-topic-overview

Best,

Dr. Evans

Dr. Evan s

kelison replied to Susan Evans, MD's response:
hello dr evans i have the same symptoms however i am not under doctor care due to a lack of insurance and the clortrimazole does not work. and although they have the look of ringworms they have a clear like fluid that leaks out of it and no one else has it in my household even when they touch it. i am not expecting a diagnosis but maybe a suggestion would help.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Eczema - Part IExpert
Dear Readers, Of all the skin conditions I see, the most frustrating for both me and my patients has to be eczema. The most common form ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.