Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    Includes Expert Content
    Sores on skin (look Like RingWorms)
    An_207460 posted:
    I get the sore that are araised as they advance, often they are itchy and begin as a small bump then spreads. I spoke with my doctor has she prescribe me with Clotrimazole and Betamethsone. The medication helps heal the sore, however they still develop. The sore will develop anywhere on my body, the most recent was on my lip. I need help in identifiying this and suggested medication to prevent from occuring. i've been getting these sores since 2004.

    Thanks in advance and let me know if more information is needed.
    jackle75 responded:
    I visited a dermatologist today and she advised me that I have eczma
    Susan Evans, MD responded:
    Dear Anon 77532,

    Unfortunately, it is not possible to provide a diagnosis over this forum, both because you are already under a doctor's care, and trying to provide a diagnosis or a second opinion over the internet simply is not done.

    The medication you are on does suggest a possible fungal infection, such as ringworm.

    Here is a link to some information on ringworm that you may find helpful.


    Dr. Evans

    Dr. Evan s
    kelison replied to Susan Evans, MD's response:
    hello dr evans i have the same symptoms however i am not under doctor care due to a lack of insurance and the clortrimazole does not work. and although they have the look of ringworms they have a clear like fluid that leaks out of it and no one else has it in my household even when they touch it. i am not expecting a diagnosis but maybe a suggestion would help.

    Featuring Experts

    Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

    Helpful Tips

    Avoid drinking margaritas in the sun!Expert
    One of the most common things that we see in the office in the summer and after winter vacations are burns from people having lime juice ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    12 of 13 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.