Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    Includes Expert Content
    Leg Skin Rash or Psoriasis? Need Treatment advice
    TexasMid20s posted:

    I have had red patches on my legs that have gotten worst, and leave marks. They are sometimes itchy and somemtimes scaly. And it seems to be spreading. They are quite embarassing. Please can you advise a remedy. I have taken pictueres of the rash and posted on flickr. Can you please look at them and please advise

    Susan Evans, MD responded:
    Dear TexasMid20s,

    Unfortunately, it is not possible to provide a diagnosis over this forum, even with you so thoughtfully providing a picture.

    You need to make an appointment to see your doctor or dermatologist so that a physical exam can be done and a complete medical history be taken. If necessary, bloodwork can then be drawn. All of these together will be used to establish a diagnosis and treatment approach.

    In the meantime, here is a link to Web MD's Psoriasis page .

    Here is also a link to Web MD's Skin Rash slideshow.


    Dr. Evans

    Featuring Experts

    Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

    Helpful Tips

    Avoid drinking margaritas in the sun!Expert
    One of the most common things that we see in the office in the summer and after winter vacations are burns from people having lime juice ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    12 of 13 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.