Skip to content
Rock Under skin, How to Remove without stitches?
WackiRider posted:
I had a bike accident, my riding gear protected me fairly well. Anyway, after my stitches and wounds healed. I have had all the small rocks of asphalt come out of me, no problem, well I now have a large rock on the top of my knee about 1/2 from my scar. It formed a callus and causes me discomfort whenever I bump it or touch it. My doctor told me, to soak it with a towel to get it out safely; without cutting my knee and giving me stitches again. It's not working, I've been asking around, but no one knows how to remove it, without cutting into me. Any advice will be appreciated. Thank You
MandyLeigh123 responded:
I also had a motorcycle accident on the 4th of July in which
I landed on my shoulder which happened to be on gravel.
All of my wounds have healed with the exception of a small
place on my shoulder which has a hard knot on it which I think
may be a small rock. It is extremely painful especially if my
shirt rubs against it in the least bit. There is a very small open
area directly above the knot which continues to seep and scab
up. I though about using Prid Drawing Salve but not sure if this
is the best solution. Advice on this would be appreciated..
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to MandyLeigh123's response:
Hi MandyLeigh123 -

Sorry to hear about your accident.

Since this area still has not healed it is best to see your doctor to have it evaluated and treated.

In the meantime, this resource may be helpful. It explains how cysts may form around foreign objects under the skin.

Hope you are able to get this taken care of soon. Keep us posted.


Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Prevent and Eliminate Bad Body Odor Instantly
ODOR-OFF MIST by NOBEL-DERMA 1-424-288-6913 Odor-Off Mist is a spray mist body deodorizing topical solution that is manufactured by ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.