Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Rash that disappears in a matter of minutes, then reappears elsewhere.
CanCol posted:
My 3 year old daughter is getting rashes that appear out of nowhere and then disappear minutes later. This started yesterday afternoon.

The rash appears as a red area with little raised bumps that kind of look like bug bites. It has showed up of her trunk, wrists, inside of elbow, feet, and legs. Sometimes she says it itches, but most of the time the rashes don't seem to bother her. She has no fever or other symptoms.

We have changed soaps, etc, but she did start attending a daycare last week on Monday.

Any ideas what this could be? Should I take her to the doctor or just give it time? Should I treat with Benadryl, if so what dose (she is 25 lbs)?

Susan Evans, MD responded:
Dear CanCol,

Because the "rash" seems to disappear shortly after it appears, I do not think you need to treat her with Benadryl at this time.

Keep an eye on the rash and ask at Daycare if anyone else is suffering from any type of rash.

If this continues, especially if the rash lasts longer than a few moments, you might want to have your pediatrician evaluate your daughter.

Best,

Dr. Evans

midwestmomof2 responded:
Hi,
My son has a been experiencing a similar thing -he is also 3 years old. The rash/welts just come and go very quickly. His Ped said "odd" and then blew me off. Did anything ever come of it? Thanks.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Got Eczema or Roseaca? caring help is on the way-.... heres a tip for you!
LIMU (Gentle seaweed cleanser) for men and Women and safe for kids too! remove eye makeup and shave with this popular daily cleanser from ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.