Rashes caused by Black mold.
missdetroit posted:
My home has a lot of black mold. I bought it 3 years ago, and it was here. I didn't know what it was back then, and I cleaned it up, and covered the area I found it, (under bath sink), with contact paper. As I lived here longer I realized there must have been a flood in 3 rooms of my house. The bathroom, hall, bedroom, and kitchen. I planned on selling the house in a few years, as I really didn't like it, or the area. I had it on the market for 2 years, not one offer, so I took it off the market. Figured I would put it back up when I felt better. I'm disabled, but also was experiencing a lot of allergy type problems. I kept thinking it was a cold, then I thought it was the flu. Plus, I developed a terrible rash on the back of my neck. I've had it for months, and it itches, then will pus a little, (without me touching it), and the skin feels like leather around it, and it's driving me crazy. Today I did extended research online on black mold. My sister in law were talking about the mold I had seen, and she said it is very dangerous. So, I went to the computer. I think this house is infested with black mold. It can't be cleaned because I have asbestos siding on the house from the 1950's, and you cannot disturb it or it releases asbestos into the air. I had never seen or heard of asbestos siding before, and wasn't told what the siding was made of when the realtor sold me the house or it was inspected. I have COPD so I cannot stay here. Basically, the house would need to be bulldozed, and I can't afford that on social security. Since moving here, my 2 dogs started to have terrible breathing problems. After one died of CHF, I went and adopted a little chihuahua mix. I've had her 2 years and now she is having the same breathing problems as her brother, and the one that passed. I know it is all mold. For a long time I thought it was the new carpet bothering them. (I bought it shortly after I bought the house). But, now with my symptoms and what I've read and seen online, I am totally freaking out. I'm ready to abandon this place like today. But I still am paying a mortgage. Insurance won't cover it I don't think, plus I'm not insured enough to tear down the house and rebuild. I'm scared for my health and my dogs health. I don't know what to do about this house, and need some advice. Has anyone had this problem? I live in Tennessee. Thanks!! Oh, by the way, black mold causes so much of what people just assume is a little sniffle, a bug bite, or a chest cold. Have your house tested, or at least research it if you think you need to. Thankyou.