Skip to content
my finger tips split open-very painful...
mmbeas posted:
I have tried it all--Corn Huskers Lotion, Udder Cream, Euceryn, vaseline petroleum, jelly, Shea Butter, Burt's Bees, cetaphil, miracle hand repair, OKeefe's, prescribed Betamethasone Dipropionate Ointment, neosporin, and everything else I can get my hands on. Right now I have 6 of 10 finger tips that have been split for days some are healing, 3 are just beginning. I sleep in gloves and tried all the above but nothing works. I try to keep them out of water as much as possible, use gloves. Any suggestions? This really hurts.

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi mmbeas,

Please see your doctor if you are having problems with your fingertips cracking and splitting to find out why this is happening.

- Annie

mamashab responded:
My fingertips split constantly and it is so painful because all the nerve endings are there. I did go to the doctor and he said just put super glue on them and he just happened to have a split fingertip and showed my he glued it. You just need a tiny bit. When you first put it on it hurts for a couple of seconds and then the pain goes away. And the glue keeps the air out preventing the pain until it heals. This is the best I've found to help. I think keeping your hand out of water does not help. I put my hands in water often and if you do dishes in "Dawn with Olay Hand Renewal", that really helps a lot too. And out of water I try to keep good moisturizing hand lotion on my hands. Your hands are very dry so you need moisture in your skin. Try all this and see if it helps.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.