Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Red bump on nose?
pocketlindt posted:
I've never had problems with acne, but between six months to a year ago this red bump showed up to the left side of the tip of my nose. I thought it was a pimple that never got a "head", and tried popping it at first. I also tried putting antibiotic cream and acne spot treatment on it. I wash my face every day and perform microderm abrasion once a week. I'm particularly worried because it seemed to have been going away, only to pop back up last week and yesterday (in the middle of a bio lecture of all things) it started oozing blood and took me several minutes to stop it. I'm a 22 year old college student without insurance, so if it's not really serious, I'd rather not go to the doctor if I can help it (I can't afford it either way). Help...?

Susan Evans, MD responded:
Dear pocketlindt,

Any lesion that persists after several months should be investigated by your physician. What may seem like a "pimple" may be much more severe. Your physician may want to consider a biopsy if your lesion has changed in area, border, or color (ABC's) over the last several months.

Best,

Dr Evans

An_228288 responded:
I have this SAME problem! I went to my doctor and he referred me to a dermotologist who "lasered" it off.....it stayed away for a few months but then came back and seems to almost appear when my allergies are bad. I have had it lasered 3 times now with no luck of keeping it away. Did you find anything else out about it?

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful