Skip to content
Blue Mole Removale
CommMajor posted:
Hello,
I have a blue mole that I would like a doctor to look at and remove, but what kind of doctor should I go to first? My general doctor or a dermatologist or another kind? Also, if you could share any information about blue moles, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi CommMajor,

If your health insurance does not require a referal from your family doctor to see a dermatologist, then you may want to see a dermatologist first as a dermatologist (skin doctor) can remove a mole for you. A plastic surgeon can also remove moles. Read more about moles by using the WebMD search engine.

You'll be able to pull up articles like:
Moles and Skin Cancer Screening

Please realize that it's not possible for our health professionals to diagnose anyone over the internet so please do see a doctor for help.

- Annie
Take a look at the announcement area for links to the various WebMD skin related health centers!

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful