Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Blue Mole Removale
CommMajor posted:
Hello,
I have a blue mole that I would like a doctor to look at and remove, but what kind of doctor should I go to first? My general doctor or a dermatologist or another kind? Also, if you could share any information about blue moles, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi CommMajor,

If your health insurance does not require a referal from your family doctor to see a dermatologist, then you may want to see a dermatologist first as a dermatologist (skin doctor) can remove a mole for you. A plastic surgeon can also remove moles. Read more about moles by using the WebMD search engine.

You'll be able to pull up articles like:
Moles and Skin Cancer Screening

Please realize that it's not possible for our health professionals to diagnose anyone over the internet so please do see a doctor for help.

- Annie
Take a look at the announcement area for links to the various WebMD skin related health centers!

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Eczema - Part IExpert
Dear Readers, Of all the skin conditions I see, the most frustrating for both me and my patients has to be eczema. The most common form ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.