Skip to content
Skin Problem
trelld posted:
My 13yr old daughter has seasonal allergies but since we relocated back to Louisiana she has had her share of skin issues. She has these scales over her eyelids and he skin has become dark around her eyes as well associated with severe itching and burning. At night she itch so bad to where she's in tears at times. I have taken her to the dermatology several times and was provided with: Protopic, Xyzal, Metro gel, and other things but nothing is helping. I was told she had a contact dermatitis but I need help for her because watching her suffer and not being able to really help is heart breaking for me. Can someone please give me some guidance?

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi trelld,

Have you thought about getting a second opinion if the treatments you've tried for your daughter aren't working? We do also have an Allergies Community board for help with your quesstions.

Please look up the various medications your child has used or taken by clicking on the Find a Drug link at the top of the board for more information before your child sees a doctor again as you may want to discuss it with your child's doctor.

Take care!

- Annie
Take a look at the announcement area for links to the various WebMD skin related health centers!

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Avoid drinking margaritas in the sun!Expert
One of the most common things that we see in the office in the summer and after winter vacations are burns from people having lime juice ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.