Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Recent brown spots on hand
An_207709 posted:
I have 3 brown spots on my left hand that are about 1/2-inch in diameter. They appeared right after I got back from Mexico about 3 weeks ago. I did not burn and religiously applied sunscreen. They look like bruises but do not hurt and have not changed color over time. They do not look like age spots, and appear in a line from right above my index finger's bottom knuckle to right by that webby part by my thumb. What could they be and can I possibly get rid of them?

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon_161836,

Please realize that when it comes to spots, lesions, moles, and freckles, that our WebMD health professionals cannot diagnose, guess, or treat anyone over the internet.

What I would suggest is that you see a dermatologist for help. WebMD does have a Adult Skin Problems Slideshow that you may find helpful before your visit.

Take care!

- Annie
Take a look at the announcement area for links to the various WebMD skin related health centers!

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.