Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Body Acne
Blue_Eyes_1 posted:
I had never had a problem with acne. I got on the birth control pill, and was on it for about a year. I decided to get off of it, and soon after, I got horrible acne. It was bad on my face and it came horribly in places I have never seen it before...my back and chest. It was so disgusting! After a few months of that, I got back on the pill and my acne improved significantly. But I still get the occasional break out on my back, and my entire back is all scarred up now. I can't get the breakouts on my chest to clear up. It is so embarrasing; I have to wear very high cut shirts to cover my whole body up. Even after all this ance clears up, I'm going to have to get a chemical peel or laser treatment to help with the scars. But before I can do that, I need the breakouts to stop; especially on the chest. I just got a huge, under-the-skin, pimple right on the top of the brack of my butt. I'm getting acne in places I wouldn't think of. I'm sure all the issues are due to quitting the birth control pill. But how long will I keep having these breakouts? I use a body acne shower gel by neutrogena, but it apparently doesn't work. What can I do????

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Blue_Eyes_1,

I am very sympathetic as I experienced bad acne as a teen and adult. I want to ask you to see a dermatologist for help because the acne is not getting better and you are saying that you have scars. Please don't wait until it clears up to see a dermatologist for help even if you are thinking of the chemical peels or laser resurfacing to get rid of the scars. Perhaps a dermatologist can get you on the road to clearer skin faster.

Please click on the Acne Health Center for more helpful articles.

Take care!

- Annie
Take a look at the announcement area for links to the various WebMD skin related health centers!

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.