Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Strange, strange hands...
An_207710 posted:
Lets start with the left hand:

I've had this wart type thing on my hand for about 8 years now. however I know that it is NOT a wart. it's almost completely flat, very smooth, and just strange. i tried wart removal things when i was younger, but to no avail. it doesn't hurt to pull on it or pinch it. it's just there. there is a faint freckle next to it if that matters haha.

now onto my right hand:

this has been here for about 4 or 5 years. Maybe even longer. it's very leathery feeling, sometimes can crack open and when that happens the crack hurts a bit. it never bleeds though. it is there year round, so no coming and going for this thing.

any idea what either of these could be? i would go to the doctor and check but i don't have insurance and they really don't seem to be that serious anyway. just weird.

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon161933,

I'm sorry but your photo images didn't post properly. In any event photos or not, it is not possible for anyone to be diagnosed or treated over the internet. What I would suggest is you talk to your doctor about it and also your pharmacist if you are looking at OTC (over the counter) wart removal medications.

Please read more about warts by using the WebMD search engine.

Take care!

- Annie
Take a look at the announcement area for links to the various WebMD skin related health centers!

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Got Eczema or Roseaca? caring help is on the way-.... heres a tip for you!
LIMU (Gentle seaweed cleanser) for men and Women and safe for kids too! remove eye makeup and shave with this popular daily cleanser from ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.