Skip to content
An_207713 posted:
My husband recently had what seems to be shingles. It appeared on the lower part of his leg. I wondered if it was normal for swelling to occur? The leg that had the break out is currently one half its size larger.
Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon_162046,

Please have your husband visit a doctor for help with Shingles. Dr Evans has some posts on the topic and you can find them by using the board search engine with shingles as the keyword. Then narrow the search by expert replies.

We also have a Shingles Health Center for more helpful information about this condition before your husband sees a doctor.

Take care!

- Annie
Take a look at the announcement area for links to the various WebMD skin related health centers!

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Avoid drinking margaritas in the sun!Expert
One of the most common things that we see in the office in the summer and after winter vacations are burns from people having lime juice ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 13 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.