Can hands get athlete's foot?
Quiet_n_curious posted:
Not sure what's going on. My hands get sweaty excessively, then dry out to the point where they turn whitish (extra dry skin). Lately my skin has started peeling between my fingers. A friend of mine told me it's athlete's foot, how can I be sure?

My skin has been peeling between my fingers, but doesn't hurt or itch or irritate me at all. I actually never noticed it until I saw flakes of skin and tried figuring out where it came from. I put lotion on constantly now, because my hands are either sweaty and will dry out - or they are really dried out.

Please help.

Emma_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Quiet_n_curious,

I am sorry you are having such trouble. You might want to check out our Eczema Health Center to see if anything there helps.

We also have an article on Eczema types and another one on Skin Allergies , which might also help you.

I would also possible talk to your doctor about it.

Good luck and let us know how things go,
Emma

juliasummer responded:
that sure sounds like athlete's foot. of course it isn't called athlete's foot when your hand gets infected. one thing's for sure, that's a fungus. you can try using Fungusil, apply it to the infected areas. in about two weeks, the fungi can disappear. hope this helps!

Capsaicin replied to juliasummer's response:
It might be keratolysis exfoliativa (recurrent palmar peeling). It is a chronic asymptomatic noninflammatory peeling of the palms and soles, most commonly during summer months. It occurs more frequently in people with hyperhidrosis in these areas.