Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Help me :( extremely uneven skin
    An_207738 posted:
    My face, neck, chest and feet are white, my hands, arms lower legs are tanned color, the rest of my body is brown :[ how do I make the rest of my body match my lighter parts. My scalp, ears and insides of my wrists/arms are all very pale white. I never go outside, so it's not a tanning problems that's made those parts way darker than the rest.
    My skin has always been this way since I was a kid, it's really effecting my self esteem badly. Could it be a hormonal imbalance? Would lactic acid peels fix this problem?
    By the way I am biracial if that has anything to do with it. I am 18 too.

    Please help me! Whats wrong with me
    jesus4m responded:
    Have you check into vitiligo. Thats what it sounds like to me. I have it.
    Susan Evans, MD responded:
    Very Sorry to hear about your condition.There are a variety of Dermatologic issues that may produce your symptoms.Vitiligo (as already posted by one of our readers) may be your condition.In addition, there may be an underlying infectious process that may be causing your pigment change.Your next best step is to have complete evaluation by your dermatologist.
    Saddness7 replied to jesus4m's response:
    But doesn't vitiligo cause patchy looking skin? my skin isn't patchy, could it still possibly be vitiligo?

    Have you found a treatment to fix it?
    Saddness7 replied to Susan Evans, MD's response:
    jesus4m replied to Saddness7's response:
    It can be patchy but it can cover large areas of the body. I ahve had it since I was child. I have not found a treatment for it.

    Featuring Experts

    Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

    Helpful Tips

    Cure/Help for Perioral Dermatitis
    I have had Perioral Dermatitis since Feb 13, 2014. For four months I have been going crazy trying to manage it and make it go away. I've ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.