Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Help me :( extremely uneven skin
An_207738 posted:
My face, neck, chest and feet are white, my hands, arms lower legs are tanned color, the rest of my body is brown :[ how do I make the rest of my body match my lighter parts. My scalp, ears and insides of my wrists/arms are all very pale white. I never go outside, so it's not a tanning problems that's made those parts way darker than the rest.
My skin has always been this way since I was a kid, it's really effecting my self esteem badly. Could it be a hormonal imbalance? Would lactic acid peels fix this problem?
By the way I am biracial if that has anything to do with it. I am 18 too.

Please help me! Whats wrong with me

jesus4m responded:
Have you check into vitiligo. Thats what it sounds like to me. I have it.

Susan Evans, MD responded:
Very Sorry to hear about your condition.There are a variety of Dermatologic issues that may produce your symptoms.Vitiligo (as already posted by one of our readers) may be your condition.In addition, there may be an underlying infectious process that may be causing your pigment change.Your next best step is to have complete evaluation by your dermatologist.
www.drsusanevansdermatology.com

Saddness7 replied to jesus4m's response:
But doesn't vitiligo cause patchy looking skin? my skin isn't patchy, could it still possibly be vitiligo?

Have you found a treatment to fix it?

Saddness7 replied to Susan Evans, MD's response:
Thanks

jesus4m replied to Saddness7's response:
It can be patchy but it can cover large areas of the body. I ahve had it since I was child. I have not found a treatment for it.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Avoid drinking margaritas in the sun!Expert
One of the most common things that we see in the office in the summer and after winter vacations are burns from people having lime juice ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.