Skip to content
EXTREMELY Itchy Hives on Arms and Legs
An_207745 posted:
What could be causing these small, itchy hives to appear only on my arms (shoulders to wrists), and legs (thighs to ankles)? It feels like having thousands of mosquito bites all over and I'm tearing my skin up to the point of bleeding to get some relief. They've been appearing for about 2 weeks at home and at work and even when I traveled to a different part of the state, so it doesn't seem like a specific environment issue. This morning I applied Cortizone 10 on my arms and legs, but forgot my upper, outer thighs. I also took 2 Benadryl caplets. About 15 minutes later, I had the itchy hives appear on my thighs in the locations that I missed applying the Cortizone!

The only things that have been different in my life during these past two weeks are: 1) I began walking around the college campus I work on for exercise and it's been rather warm (~80-85 degrees F) and 2) I had family visiting us for the first week with their 3 dogs. But they left a week ago.

What could be the cause of these hives and what can I do to get rid of them? I'm desperate as they're making me crazy!

Emma_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon_169484,

Sounds like life is busy for you lately. College life can be very stressful too. Good luck with that. We do have a directory on Hives that might be able to help you find the answers you are looking for.

Good luck and please keep us posted!
Emma

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Natural Herbal Treatment For Actinic Keratosis
What is Actinic Keratosis? Actinic Keratosis is a skin disorder in which involves very small, elevated rough and reddish bumps on the ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.