Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
toddler bottom rash
summerskye03 posted:
My 4 yr old has a terrible rash on her bottom and I do not know what to do. She is not in diapers, I keep her very clean and dry. It itches her terribly. I have tried steroid creams and yeast inf. med creams. It is all over her bottom red raised bumps??? Anyhelp jamie

Could chlorine in a swimming pool cause a reaction like this. She also has rashes in the creases of her arms and knees.
I think she has excema but this on her bottom is much worse. It looks like diaper rash.\

Susan Evans, MD responded:
As a mother of 4 I know first hand how challenging a diaper rash can be.It sounds like so far you have taken the appropriate measures so far...
Chlorinated pools can dry out your baby's skin.You may want to consider using a salt water pool and alwys have your child shower immediately after leaving the pool
One thing you did not mention was your baby's diet .On occasion, I have suggested to parents adjust their child's diet as well as have their physician evaluate a stool sample.
Please keep me posted
Best
Dr Evans
www.drsusanevansdermatology.com

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

I THINK I HAVE FOUND A CURE
PEOPLE READ MY RESPONSE CALLED "I HAVE FOUND A CURE" it is an actual description of how, not a link to some pay site it cured it for ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful