Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
toddler bottom rash
summerskye03 posted:
My 4 yr old has a terrible rash on her bottom and I do not know what to do. She is not in diapers, I keep her very clean and dry. It itches her terribly. I have tried steroid creams and yeast inf. med creams. It is all over her bottom red raised bumps??? Anyhelp jamie

Could chlorine in a swimming pool cause a reaction like this. She also has rashes in the creases of her arms and knees.
I think she has excema but this on her bottom is much worse. It looks like diaper rash.\

Susan Evans, MD responded:
As a mother of 4 I know first hand how challenging a diaper rash can be.It sounds like so far you have taken the appropriate measures so far...
Chlorinated pools can dry out your baby's skin.You may want to consider using a salt water pool and alwys have your child shower immediately after leaving the pool
One thing you did not mention was your baby's diet .On occasion, I have suggested to parents adjust their child's diet as well as have their physician evaluate a stool sample.
Please keep me posted
Best
Dr Evans
www.drsusanevansdermatology.com

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.