Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Itchy Scabs on legs
w1cked posted:
Okay I have 1 scab on both legs. One is the size of a nickel and the other the size of a pee. They dont look like warts because they aren't round or anything. I've had them for a very long time and they haven't gone away!! They get really really itchy. and when I scratch it, they start bleeding after the scab falls off and then it grows bigger every time the scab falls off!! I really don't know what it is. any idea?

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi w1cked, Please realize that it's not possible for anyone to be diagnosed over the internet. If you have skin lesions that aren't healing please see a doctor for help. I'm pulling up this article for you to read before you see a doctor: Skin Conditions: Moles, Freckles and Skin Tags. - Annie

w1cked responded:
I wasn't asking anyone to diagnose me over the internet. I was just wondering if anyone MAY know what it could POSSIBLY be. And thank you for the article, but what i have doesn't really match any of the things they listed.

Alfae responded:
Hello, First check the ABCDES of the scabs on each leg. Asymtry , boarder, color, diameter, elevation and see your Dematologist asap. I wish you well with this. I notice you didn't mention the origin of the scabs? Sincerely,

Alfae responded:
Hello again, I recently changed my diet to help lower my fat intake. As a result I experienced some break down of my skin's ability to heal quickly. This happens sometimes. I spoke with my Dematologist . My cholesteral was way too low. We need some fat intake to keep our skin components healthy and moist. My skin was dry and itchy so we treated with a prescription. I hope you well with what ever you decide to do about it. Sincerely,

rafcrash responded:
I would like to know if these is anything that I can buy over the counter for this

Susan Evans, MD replied to rafcrash's response:
Dear rafcrash,

What are your symptoms?

Best,

Dr. Evans

bakerylust replied to rafcrash's response:
It's hard to say what you can use over the counter if you don't really know what it is. I've tried to get info before too but didn't hear anything back because I just didn't have enough info posted. Best of luck to you, hope you find your answers.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.