Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Discoloration on the ankle and calf
shellybelly33 posted:
About 6-9 months ago my husband started getting a brown discoloration around is ankles. He refuses to go to the doctor, and now the discoloration is up to the middle of his calf. He is caucasion and the discoloration is a medium to dark brown and almost looks like freckles, and is the same on both legs. He is 36 and overweight. I thought originally this might be a circulation problems, but it doesn't bother him at all. Any suggestions on what this might be?

ifontaine25 responded:
This sounds very similar to something I'm experiencing. Did you ever figure it out?

shellybelly33 replied to ifontaine25's response:
He did finally go to the doctor. She told him that it was due to swelling in his legs because he is overweight and needs to lay off the salt. His legs are not swollen, and since he has hypertension he doesn't eat salt on anything. I asked him to get a second opinion, but he hasn't.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.