Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
2nd Degree Sunburn Itch
eddiekingol posted:
I was sunburnt pretty bad over 3 weeks ago and the peeling stopped about 2 weeks ago but now I have had a bad itch ever sense. It comes and it goes but it is very annoying and has no signs of stopping. I put aloe and hyrocortizone on it and it barely helps. Should I go to the doctor or is this itch normal?

Susan Evans, MD responded:
Itching may be apart of the normal healing process ,However if
it is severe consider adding Benadryl to your routine.You may need to visit your physician for suggestions for a stronger anti-inflammatory cream (if your itching persists)such as betamethasone (diprolene).
Best regards
Dr Evans
www.drsusanevansdermatology.com

eddiekingol replied to Susan Evans, MD's response:
Thank you for the response! I wouldn't call it severe, I am just more worried about the length of time it has been itching. It's been almost two weeks now of just itching, and four weeks since I was burnt.

valeriedchilds replied to Susan Evans, MD's response:
I know this is unrelated but I cant see how to post a new question. I have a head fungus or ringworm. My Dr. is not sure but she has prescribed some pills that I have to take for 90 days but in the mean time my hair is falling out all over the place. Before the RX, my hair was not coming out that bad. it itches really bad and it is just comeing out from the sclap. I dont know what to do! I am begining to panic. Please help me! it is dry hard scales, ringed and raised at times. its all around the edges of my head and some through out. where ever a scab comes off, there seems to be no hair there. I really need some help. MGBAKU!

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.