Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Psoriasis in groin area
    txmn1212 posted:
    I've had psoriasis ever since I was a teenager. I'm on clobex spray and dovonex cream for my psoriasis. I think I have psoriasis in my groin area, but I'm not sure. I was going to use the dovonex cream in that area, but don't know if I should. It's embarrassing, but the area that seems to be affected is between my scrotum and rectal area. I don't know whether I should just use some cream there or wait for my next exam and have her look at it. I shower daily and I know it's not a hygiene issue, but it does itch there---and it's noticeable from time to time. Would it scale like normal psoriasis?
    Capsaicin responded:
    Psoriasis in that area would not be scaly since it usually stays moist. Also, psoriasis in that area can occur, but it is not as common as on elbows and knees. Clobex should not be used in that area. Have your dermatologist examine. There are other things that can occur down there.

    Featuring Experts

    Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

    Helpful Tips

    Treatment for StingsExpert
    Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    5 of 7 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.