Skip to content
Staph infection above between nose and upper lip...causing swelling
Uaalum2006 posted:
Yesterday I awoke to what I thought was just a small pimple under my nose. It was sore though. It almost appeared as a pimple under the skin. By yesterday afternoon the pimple didn't look any bigger but my upper lip and the part right below my nose had swollen to probably 2-3 the normal size. I decided to go to the local health clinic in my neighborhood where the doctor said it appeared to staph and that is how he was going to treat it, no cultures or anything were done. He gave me a antibiotic shot in my hip and prescribed me Mupirocin ointment, sulfamethoxazole antibiotic, and loritab for the pain. I started taking all this yesterday evening areund 5. I woke up this morning to a still swollen lip, icing or nothing helps the swelling go down. The zit appears to be about the same size isn't oozing anything. My upper lip may be about the same size or possibly a little bigger (still 2-3 times the size of mybupper lip normally). Can you have a staph infection without having a boil? Should I go back to the doctor again today, I have seen no improvement since starting everything? Is it possible this could be something else, like I mentioned earlier he DID NOT do a culture to know for sure. Thanks for your help!

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

WHAT DO U DO WHEN THE CHILDRENS SERVERE ECEMA
I HAVE TWO GRANDCHILDRENS WITH EXTREME ECZEMA. THE GIRL CRY &SCRATCH ,THE BOY IS A 8 MOS AND HE SCRATCH TILL HE BLEED I PUT THE CREAM ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.