Skip to content
I have a large pimple under my arm for yrs now
dawns61 posted:
Can you please tell me why I have this pimple under my left armpit and I've had it for many yrs .Its keeps filling up and gets large again when I try to empty it. I've probably had it for 10 yrs or more.And theres white stuff that comes out when squeezed.It just wont go away.
Thank you
Capsaicin responded:
It is probably a cyst. It can be surgically removed by your doctor.
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Dawn,

I found a similar discussion with Dr. Buchness' response -

Annoying Lump Keeps Coming Back

Does this sound familiar?

dawns61 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
no,this doesnt sound like it at all ,theres a constant bump that continues to get that white stuff like a pimple but never goes away and continues to fill back up. Do I see a dermatologist about this ? I've had this ongoing for 10 or so yrs .Just dont understand why it wont go away.
Anon_233452 replied to dawns61's response:
have had something like that since i was a kid but mine went away just recently after changing my diet so maybe thats a start or something to look at
livininmiami replied to dawns61's response:
I had a cyst, years ago and had surgery on it BUT they didnt take it all out. Now I have this cyst smack in the middle of my chest growing next to a keloid. This is the only reason I dont mess with it, because the keloid is small and I dont want to make it look worse. I dont know what to do, I do think I need to go see a dermatologist. I have recently moved to Miami and just cant find the right place. But yes, we both need to go to a dermatoligist, they will know what to do.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.