Skip to content
itchy around underwear line
Anon_237663 posted:
So for about 4 days now, I have had this horrible, almost poision ivy like itching around my bikini line. It's only under my underwear. Its not in my genital area, that doesn't itch at all ( I know what a yeast infection and everything feels like). but in my groin, my hips, my butt cheeks are covered... up to my waist in the front and back.
I have been tested for everything a few months back and have only been with one person for the last year. so I have pretty much ruled out an std because of the fact that i have no other symptoms of one, and my genitals don't itch, or have any marks on them.
My boyfriend thinks it could be a jock itch type thing because he had something like it a few years ago. It mainly itches at night, not so much during the day, but its almost unbearable. I have read online, maybe a staph infection??? just wondered if anyone had any info. I could go to the doc, but seems like they always say, just put cream in it like you have been. I am using athelets foot like cream, hoping that will calm it. Any ideas for calming it? Thank you!

Anon_51772 responded:
Your doctor could diagnose this rash. it could be chiggers if you were recently near tall grass, or field or next to woods. could be allergic reaction to something, could be dermititis. over the counter cortisone creme might work if jock itch creme isn't helping.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.