Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Chronic redness all over my nose
An_240542 posted:
for a couple years almost my entire nose has been covered in deep redness, spider veins, and open pores. there are small patches on each side of my nose that are my natural skin color and i dont know why the rest of my nose turned so red. it is always this red and i havent found anything to relieve it even slightly. is there anyway i can fix this?

Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
What you are describing may be a relatively severe form of rosacea. Rosace is a chronic skin problem where the facial skin vessels (and very commonly those of the nose) get dilated and inflammed. You can also get acne-like red bumps and blocked pores in the area.

A few other skin conditions such as seborrheic dermatitis or psoriasis may also overlap or present similarly.

Overall, definitely consult with your dermatologist. The blocked pores and redness may be treated with prescription creams and even oral antibiotics. Laser treatments are excellent at repairing the broken blood vessels.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.