Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Acne scars
georgelopez999 posted:
Please help! When I was younger I had problems with my skin condition, pimples were all over my face. Now, I I have acne scars all over my face. Anyone know how i can get rid of them or drastically lighten them?! Please help!

stretchyfernia responded:
drastic change is expensive but gradual lightening is cheaper. Maybe using extra virgin olive oil and shea butter alternately is a good thing. Some creams may also help.

swietlana responded:
In the treatment of acne scar good results, laser treatment. I know this from personal experience. I would recommend.

elizabethscott responded:
1. Lots of people use ice cubes to get rid of their acne scars at home. Wrap an ice cube in a piece of cloth and rub it on affected areas for 10 to 15 minutes every day. This should lessen the inflammation on your skin, making it look smoother. This is one of the best natural acne treatment.

2. Aloe Vera is a commonly used natural remedy to cure acne scars. The Aloe Vera plants are famous for their magically ability to help heal scars and wounds. The juice of the Aloe Vera is very useful for helping to heal acne scars as well as to fight breakouts when they do occur. By applying the juice on a regular basis, you can erase the signs of bad acne over time.

3. Cucumber is great for helping to keep the skin smooth and supple. Many different cosmetic beauty products often have cucumber as a key ingredient. Also Indian gooseberry lotions and creams are great for reducing acne scaring and outbreaks.

karry18 responded:
apply lemon juice over marks...

karry18 responded:
stay natural, don't experiment on your face there are so many tips to remove scars from face and it has no side effects

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.