Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Underarm/inner thigh rash
sjd204 posted:
I have red/raised VERY itchy bumps on my inner thigh and underarms. The bumps are not pussy or scaly (unless I've scratched them raw). They range in size but seem to appear in/close to hair follicles. My symptoms started in my underarms and quickly changed my deodorant and razor. The symptoms eased up and pretty much disappeared. Now, they've come back and now have spread to my inner thigh. I have very sensitive skin and am hesitant to just start rubbing cremes on.

Some background, I am not diabetic but am overweight. I suffer from PCOS and have crazy hormone levels. I was on birth control and metformin to alleviate pcos symptoms. Unfortunately, I have lost my insurance and am no longer taking the medicine (as of end of Sept). Current symptoms have really started irritating and the intensive itching have started this past week (end of October). I keep my skin moisturized and use baby powder in skin folds (primarily breasts).

I thought it could possibly be a heat rash because those areas do get moist from sweat but the way it's spreading down my thigh makes me think it could possibly be fungal?

What are some ways I can alleviate the symptoms without paying an arm & leg for a DR visit without insurance?

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.