Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Eczema on bottom of feet
ms6ms posted:
I have been treating the eczema on both of my feet with Neosalus cream and Triamcinolone Acetonide ointment for 9 months. It does help relieve the itching and pain but I am unable to get over the "hump" and clear it up...it is a roller coaster but has never actually "cleared" up. The skin on my feet crack so badly I am unable to walk on them sometimes (feels like stepping on a piece of glass), and I need help. This madness started about 1 1/2 years ago. I have to wear closed shoes or the soles will crack open on any part or multiple parts of the sole. Yes, I went through a summer in Houston unable to wear flip flops, sandals, cute wedges... Please help me cure this!!! Thank you for any advice.

Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
Dear Ms6ms,

As a fellow shoe addict, I completely understand your dilemma!

A few comments/ suggestions:
1. Have you had a small biopsy taken of the skin? It sounds as if your condition is most likely psoriasis or eczema. However, types of genetic conditions can make you more predisposed to forming this resistant scale, as well as concominant fungus.

2. Once a biopsy is taken, there is a very effective and safe form of therapy called narrowband UVB. Most dermatologists have a unit that can be used specifically on the hands and feet so your entire body does not need to be exposed.

Usually the narrowband makes the condition go into remission and you can maintain your soft smooth feet after that with prescription strength milk acid types of creams.

I hope that helps, do keep me posted

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Got Eczema or Roseaca? caring help is on the way-.... heres a tip for you!
LIMU (Gentle seaweed cleanser) for men and Women and safe for kids too! remove eye makeup and shave with this popular daily cleanser from ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.