Skip to content
Blister Under base of Penis, From Jock Itch
NeedSomeHelp123 posted:
Hello all,

The main issue is that at the base of the underside of the penis, in the crease between the shaft and the beginning of the scrotum, the area is raw. It is painful and is obviously an area that is tough to keep dry or from rubbing against skin through the course of an average day.

I have already consulted a doctor a week ago who confirmed that it was most likely a case of jock itch that I had developed. I have tried treating the situation with several antifungals including a clotrimizole cream, tolfanate (spray powder - tinactin brand), and Zeasorb-AF (Miconazole Nitrate). Some of the jock itch rash cleared up and it's no longer the itch that is bothersome.

I'm unsure as to what treatment to continue with. Should I buy a certain type of cream? Keep applying powders? Put some type of bandage on the area (though I'm reluctant to think about how I would go about removing said bandage...)

Please, any help is more than welcome. I'm sexually active but with a longtime partner so I know that I have not contracted an STD. I just wish to find an approach to treat the blister I currently am facing.

Thank you.
NeedSomeHelp123 responded:
Just an update... I found this thread on a different site and all of these people describe the same thing as me. Consensus is that it's probably a yeast infection of some sort, but no one had any solutions for how to clear it up.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.