Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Nurse said that I have negative for TB skin test, but.....
azncamgurl posted:
I've been looking online for results of what a positive and a negative results look like and most of them said that it is positive when the skin is red and have a bump from 5mm to 15mm. I have that. The nurse said that it can just be a reaction. I still feel weird that it is a negative when I havethis bump in my arm. Here. This is what it looks like. Do you think that it is JUST a reaction? or there is something more to that?

By the way, I am only 16 years old. I took the skin test because I want to volunteer in the summer and they require me to take it.

Gigglesbabysitting responded:
mine is irritated as well nt that big bt feels hard to the touch.. I get mine looked at today.. It did this last time bt didnt last this long and the last one was only like two weeks ago so im confused as well

turtle7905 responded:
Mine is itchy and a little red, but they put a band-aid on it and I have reactions to the material used in band-aids.

wtaylor08 responded:
I go get mine checked tomorrow mine looks something like dat red an swollen around it and i really itch i called the er and asked them wat they thinl she told me i might be having an reaction to it and to drink benidrel to stop the itching

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Bedbug ProblemsExpert
Dear Readers, Bedbugs are making a comeback in the U.S. They had all but disappeared through the 1970's and 1990's. Recently they have ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.