Red itchy Goosebumps, hot to the touch
steph_don posted:
Hello, I'm a 37yo cauc. female, I have been having boughts with a skin condition off and on for the past 3 weeks.
It all started one evening with raised goosebump like rash near my upper under arms, with a couple days it spread down my arms and across my chest. They itch like crazy and are warm to the touch, some have even asked me if I have a sunburn.
This lasted for approx. 1 week and then went away for a few days. It came back last night, and has gradually gotten worse since then. Now here I am up, unable to sleep because of the intense itching and burning.
I have stopped using lotion with fragrance, am currently Eucerin for extremely dry skin, it's not helping.
Seems worse after I itch and with heat, whether it be warm air or water.
Hydrocortisone cream doesn't help and during the day I have been taking Zyrtec and neither provide relief.
I work in the Veterinary industry and pray I am developing an allergic reaction to the animals I am in contact with each.
I also have started tanning due to my wedding being next month, which I know tanning is a big NO NO.. I have taken it slow and stay moisturized, so I'm not sure this is what is causing it. I have stopped since the rash has appeared since heat makes it worse.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I will try to post a photo when I'm able.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome and Hello steph_don -

I am sorry you are battling this frustrating and itchy problem.

Click here , to see a response from Dr. Tareen regarding a similar problem. Also, this slideshow, Adult Skin Problems , may be helpful. A itchy rash could be caused by a number of things, type "itchy rash" into the search box at the top of the page for much more information.

Since your wedding is just a month away, please don't delay seeing a doctor to make sure your skin is beautiful for your big day. And as you know, NO tanning bed. After finding out what's going on consider Healthy Tanning .

Hope you find answers soon and have a wonderful wedding day! Let us know what you find out.

Hope this is helpful,
Elizabeth