Skip to content
Red itchy Goosebumps, hot to the touch
steph_don posted:
Hello, I'm a 37yo cauc. female, I have been having boughts with a skin condition off and on for the past 3 weeks.
It all started one evening with raised goosebump like rash near my upper under arms, with a couple days it spread down my arms and across my chest. They itch like crazy and are warm to the touch, some have even asked me if I have a sunburn.
This lasted for approx. 1 week and then went away for a few days. It came back last night, and has gradually gotten worse since then. Now here I am up, unable to sleep because of the intense itching and burning.
I have stopped using lotion with fragrance, am currently Eucerin for extremely dry skin, it's not helping.
Seems worse after I itch and with heat, whether it be warm air or water.
Hydrocortisone cream doesn't help and during the day I have been taking Zyrtec and neither provide relief.
I work in the Veterinary industry and pray I am developing an allergic reaction to the animals I am in contact with each.
I also have started tanning due to my wedding being next month, which I know tanning is a big NO NO.. I have taken it slow and stay moisturized, so I'm not sure this is what is causing it. I have stopped since the rash has appeared since heat makes it worse.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I will try to post a photo when I'm able.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome and Hello steph_don -

I am sorry you are battling this frustrating and itchy problem.

Click here , to see a response from Dr. Tareen regarding a similar problem. Also, this slideshow, Adult Skin Problems , may be helpful. A itchy rash could be caused by a number of things, type "itchy rash" into the search box at the top of the page for much more information.

Since your wedding is just a month away, please don't delay seeing a doctor to make sure your skin is beautiful for your big day. And as you know, NO tanning bed. After finding out what's going on consider Healthy Tanning .

Hope you find answers soon and have a wonderful wedding day! Let us know what you find out.

Hope this is helpful,
Elizabeth

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

WHAT DO U DO WHEN THE CHILDRENS SERVERE ECEMA
I HAVE TWO GRANDCHILDRENS WITH EXTREME ECZEMA. THE GIRL CRY &SCRATCH ,THE BOY IS A 8 MOS AND HE SCRATCH TILL HE BLEED I PUT THE CREAM ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.