Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Red spots on skin
Momhewitt posted:
I have these red spots they look like blood blisters but they are not they are smooth what can this be

010081 responded:
Where u have this? For how long you have this? Do they itch, pain? please give us some more details so many members can help you.

Momhewitt replied to 010081's response:
I have some on my hands , upper arms, stomach and my breast. No they don't itch or hurt before they would go away. But now the ones I have are still there I am a diabetic and have osteoarthritis. Could one of these be the problem

Mary Ruth Buchness, MD responded:
Dear Momhewitt,
It sounds like you are developing cherry angiomas, which are small blood vessel growths. There is nothing to worry about. They do not indicate a disease, and in fact, are considered to be a cosmetic issue by the insurance companies, who will not pay for removal.

Momhewitt replied to Mary Ruth Buchness, MD's response:
Thanks I just wanted to know what they were. Thanks

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Eczema - Part IExpert
Dear Readers, Of all the skin conditions I see, the most frustrating for both me and my patients has to be eczema. The most common form ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.