Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
strange skin problems
An_245861 posted:
Hello,

About a month ago i started to develop an itchy rash around my thighs, hips, butt, and waist line. It was mostly along my thighs and waist line. It was not always itchy in the same place or even always itchy but it would show up frequently. One morning i woke up and the side of my penis was itchy so I decided to get tested for STDs. I was tested for HIV, Gonaria, and Chlymidia and ended up having chlymidia. They prescribed me Doxycyclin but after i finished my script i still had an itchy rash.

I then went to see a doctor and he said it was folliculitis and prescribed me keflex. That didnt work either. Since then it has spread a little worse and i have also developed new symptoms. Such as small fluid filled bumps will show up on my hands and itch and spread if i scratch them. Also the tip of my penis will sometimes have red dots on it sometimes that do not itch and are not raised. the skin on my penis also looks dry at times.

Does anyone have any idea what this is? Its really irritating. The weird part about it is that it shows up and disappears at times. This morning i woke up and i swear it wasnt there and now it is. It also seems to be spreading to different areas of my body. For a brief second i thought it could be something like herpes but ive ruled that out because its been going on so long and i never developed painful blisters. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mary Ruth Buchness, MD responded:
Dear Anonymous,
It sounds like you could have scabies, although I can't be sure without seeing the rash. I would go back to your doctor and ask him to treat you for this. Good luck.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.