Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Red bump on my right hand won't go away.
Tav10284 posted:
I've had this red bump on my right hand for a few years now. It doesn't itch or hurt. But I do scratch it and sometimes can pull off the top. It doesn't always bleed when I do, but sometimes it will. It will hurt like a scrape if I do. It's normally only red, but today I've been picking at it.
The bump has been there for a few years. Last time I asked a doctor about it mid-2011, he said it wasn't a concern. But it still concerns me. Plus you may be able to see some smaller ones around it in the pic. It is the only one on my body that I'm aware of.
What is it and should I be concerned?
http://i.imgur.com/2z5GL.jpg

bjohn64 responded:
hello, I was wondering if you ever found out what the red bump on your hand was? I have the same looking bump on my right hand as well and am a little worried about it. Any help would be appreciated.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Eczema - Part IExpert
Dear Readers, Of all the skin conditions I see, the most frustrating for both me and my patients has to be eczema. The most common form ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.