Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What are all these sore, red spots on my fingers and feet?
EnchantedElf posted:
I have red spots that feel sore and kind of tingly when I touch them. They are on the sides and tips of a few of my fingers, and on the bottom of my feet, which actually makes it a little painful to walk. I had a sore throat for the past three days and still do, and I had a fever too, along with a headache, body aches, and even chills at one point. Perhaps that has something to do with it? I don't believe it to be hand and foot syndrome, nor hand feet and mouth syndrome, because I looked those up and it didn't quite fit my situation. I also asked this question on yahoo answers, and someone said it was "le riz" or rice virus, to which I am very skeptical. These spots aren't bumps, they look like they're underneath my skin, so what could they be? Please let me know what it is and if it's serious.

ccole56 responded:
That sounds like scarlett fever & is very serious. Please call your doctor right away.

hopefullyhealthy17 responded:
Did you ever find out what it was? How long did they last? I have the exact same thing. I was really sick for 2 days and now i have these sore spots on a few fingers and the bottom of my feet.. the ones on my feet hurt pretty bad when i walk on them... let me know if you know what it is!

Jagtaaf responded:
My husband is currently experiencing the exact same symptoms you have listed in your post. Did you happen to find a diagnosis for this? Thank you,
Sara

Jagtaaf replied to hopefullyhealthy17's response:
hopefullyhealthy17,
My husband is experiencing these symptoms as well. Did you happen to find a diagnosis?
Thank you in advance,
Sara

cg1980 responded:
I have had the same symptoms. I thought I was getting a cold, had bad fever and body aches for a couple days and when that started to subside, I woke up with these red blotches all over me, but the ones concentrated on my fingers and toes are the painful ones, making it difficult to grip with the afflicted fingers and painful to walk, putting any pressure on my toes hurts. Please get back to me as I was told by the ER dr who saw me for a total of a minute and a half after waiting 4 hours to be seen, that I had a staph infection, but everything I read about staph infections doesn't seem to coincide with these symptoms. I need help.

cg1980 replied to Jagtaaf's response:
Did you find a solution? I have the same symptoms and have had no help finding out what it is. Any advice is appreciated.

cg1980 replied to hopefullyhealthy17's response:
Did you find a solution? I have the same symptoms and have had no help finding out what it is. Any advice is appreciated.

Emilylew0410 responded:
I'm really curious if anyone has had a diagnosis. Monday late night, I was feeling ill. Body aches, mild sore throat, head ache. That continued into Tuesday, until I took a nap. I woke up from the nap with a 102.9 fever, chills, sore throat, couldn't walk, had breathing troubles, was dizzy and very weak. I noticed yesterday these red dots all over my feet. They kind of look like blisters, but aren't raised. They hurt like crazy and have a stinging/tingling sensation when I touch them. Any idea what's going on?!

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.